Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 15.0.2 with fixes for CarPlay, Images and extra
Enlarge / Some apps that received significant updates in iOS 15.
Apple just released a second bug fix update for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 that focuses on fixing small issues discovered since the operating systems were launched in late September. The release notes for both updates are slightly different, but here is a composite list of the bugs that have been fixed:
- Photos saved from messages in your library can be deleted after the related thread or message is removed
- AirTag may not appear on the Find My Items tab
- Restoring or updating the device might fail when using Finder or iTunes for iPhone 13 or iPad mini (6th generation).
- iPhone leather wallet with MagSafe may not connect to Find My (iOS only)
- CarPlay may not be able to open or disconnect audio apps during playback (iOS only)
This version comes approximately 10 days after the release of iOS 15.0.1. No analog updates have been released for macOS or tvOS, but there is also a watchOS 8.0.1 update that fixes some issues for Apple Watch Series 3 owners.
Both iOS 15.0.1 and 15.0.2 focused on fixing minor bugs rather than adding additional features. Apple is also currently testing iOS and iPadOS 15.1, which (at least at the time of this writing) will include the SharePlay group video playback feature, more camera options for the iPhone 13 Pro, and the ability to save COVID-19 vaccine cards in the wallet, both app and some other additions.
To update: An earlier version of this article stated that there is no watchOS update available today. we’ve updated to reflect the release of watchOS 8.0.1.